Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My favorite scents and smells

Thinking about what in the world I was going to write about, my mind started to wander when I got a whiff of my Peppermint wall flower and it got my thinking about my most favorite smells.

So in no particular order, here we go!

1.
Bath and Body Works released a peach scented body lotion a few years ago now, and then they discontinued it!! Peach is my absolute favorite smell and this lotion is heaven so I was soo disappointed to find out it wasn't on the shelves anymore. So I hopped on eBay and bought four bottles of the stuff and I'm making those babies last!

2.
The other thing I stocked up on after I found out was discontinued was the Coconut Crush body lotion. That stuff smells wonderful and I get compliments every time I wear it. I literally had a man smelling up and down my arm Morticia Adams style one night (it wasn't creepy I knew him haha.)
I love coconut scents in general, it just reminds me of laying all day on the beach but smells better than sunscreen. It also reminds me of a barbie I had when I was a kid. She came with tropical scented hair and a tiny coconut scented perfume solid.
As for the coconut shampoo, my boyfriend loves the smell of my hair after I use it. (along with the vanilla conditioner, which leads me to my next picture!)

3.
VANILLA! Who doesn't love the smell of vanilla. This conditioner makes my hair so soft and the scent is so relaxing, especially in the bath after a long days work. Its one of those timeless smells- whether in a house spray, deodorant, or in a candle, that should be a staple in any home.

4. & 5.
Speaking of vanilla, and baths, two of my most favorite bath bombs from lush are both soothing and fun. Vanilla Fountain is the ultimate relaxing fizzer (vanilla stick included) that is one of the most moisturizing bombs you can get from lush (bombs underlined because the bubble bars are wayy better for moisturizing) and it leaves you with a soft vanilla scent on your skin.
Cinders on the other hand is alot of fun. Described as a spicy cinnamon-y scent its packed with what I can only describe as pop rocks as it fizzes and crackles when you toss it in a full bath. Its the perfect Christmas bath bomb to make you miss grandmas house. The only downside is that it kind of turns your bath water a pee yellow... kind of awkward if your significant other were to walk into the bathroom while your mid soak... but we wont go there. ITS A NICE SMELL OK I DIDN'T PEE!

6.
Continuing on with the Christmas scents. Another household staple (in mine anyways) is mint. I have fallen in love with the Twisted Peppermint scent from BBW. It is the perfect mix of peppermint and candy cane. The hint of sweet just makes me crave candy canes, or those sugar cookies that have candy cane sprinkles mmmm.... I tried so hard to get my hands on a candle or anything else in the same fragrance but they flew off the shelves never to be seen again. Must have been Mrs. Clauses' favorite wall flower too. So all I have left is this one little vial. I can't decide whether I want to use it right away or risk waiting until next Christmas to use it (do you think it will go bad?) I'll have to do some research on that one because this smell is so wonderful. 

7.
 
Peach Bellini. Need I say more? YUM! I think I mentioned I love anything peach so to have my whole house fill up with the smell of a peach alcoholic beverage is heaven! OK it really smells like peach juice with extra sugar in it but super sweet to the point where it will make your teeth hurt In small doses it is just delicious! I don't recommend tasting it however because it will neither get you drunk nor will it taste like peaches.

8.
Speaking of wonderful fruity house smells, this glorious detergent has been a favorite of mine for a very long time. People with allergies- stay far far away because most with sensitive skin react to this one, but to the leather skinned, pour it in by the gallon! There is also a matching fabric softener for ultimate fruityness.

9.
Fave summer scent! Biotherm Eau d' energie awakening fragrance mist. Described as a 'light, delicate fragrance from sun drenched fruits (orange pulp, sweet mandarin, and lemon) leaves skin feeling energized and fresh. Vitamin E moistens and softens the skin for a smooth, velvety touch.' Such a beautiful morning or summer body spray. It also comes in a body lotion which I've been using very sparingly for the last couple summers. If I didn't have so many other products to be using up I would be repurchasing this one for the coming months, but its at the bottom of my future-to-buy list.


10.

Last but not least, my most favorite smell of them all! I only allow my boyfriend to use it when we are together because I don't want a drop wasted on anyone else. Since I can't describe it as anything other than 'makes me want to melt into his arms' I'll allow Chanel: 'the fresh, sensual men's fragrance gets a burst of energy from an infusion of sparkling citrus. The sporty scent, exudes a new found freedom, a sense of spontaneity, a non-stop vitality.' 
Yeahh I'm not sure if he has a new found freedom or a sense of spontaneity and they can't really seem to describe it much better than me so if your looking for a good cologne for your boy then get a whiff of this next time your getting mauled by sales people at the perfume counter.

OK I've talked enough! Bye!!

No comments: