Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Leggings & Life...

Well I have just found a perfect spot for myself! The harbour, of course, as close to the water as I can get without getting wet feet.

I get to watch the tide come in but also (and more importantly) I get to people watch! Yeah, creepy I know, but its been a little hobby of mine for a while now whenever I'm in a public place. I enjoy watching people- I might judge a bit yes. Ex. Girls who wear leggings with nothing covering their bums... its not cute ladies, its gross. Nobody wants to see your butt jiggling with every move you make...


The mall is the best place for people watching- its amazing, and funny to see all these people (typically girls) who get dressed up to go to Wal Mart. See the following link: PeopleOfWalMart. Fur and high heels included- Oh and not forgetting wayyy overdone hair and makeup. Most of those who do this are under the age of 18, have nothing else to dress up for, and its probably the highlight of their week. The same goes for new or young mothers who feel worn and used who have a goal of the afternoon to spin a few husbands heads around 180 degrees.

So they get to have their few hours of prancing around from store to store, and entertain me at the same time. I enjoy watching these characters, see how they interact with store employees, who they are with and guess the relationships between them (is that her dad or her husband?). Its even funner watching the men who watch said girls/women. They oogle and stare and then turn around just to see me with a look of disgust while I watched this male oogle a 15 year old girl. They get reaaly flustered and its veery funny! See link #2: RandomCreepyGuy.com. HOWEVER, I digress... I was trying to talk about pretty scenery and life changing experiences here! Seriously, though, next time your at a mall just sit in one of the squishy chairs for five minutes and observe the people around you...


So I'm sitting here with this beautiful scene around me. Everyone walking down the pier in their summery clothes with their dogs, holding hands with their sweeties. There is a dock for the puddle jumper to land nearby (Goes from Vancouver to here) and they have just recently built a dock for cruise ships to come in and we had our first boat from Sweden come in a month or so ago, so soon I will get to people watch foreigners too!

Its a busy little port, people coming and going constantly, and I am so grateful to call this place my home. I think I've mentioned that a couple hundred times already, but still feels new to me, especially now that we get to experience a full summer and get to watch the tourists and wayward travellers trickle in.

Now here is where it gets deep...

Lately I've been finding myself thinking often about where I was at this time last year. It was a bit different to say the least! I didn't know what I was going to do with my life at a time when everything was so uncertain. I have been so blessed to have someone by my side through all my consistent challenges and changes. We also managed to have fun getting to know each other and going on adventures in the along the way.

Even when I would worry on a daily basis about where I was going to be living next, or what job I might try my hand at, Cam would support me and encourage me to overcome each step as it came. It was wonderful to have that constant support and be given the extra push I needed, when I needed it.

Now as I look out onto the water I think back on how far we've come and how we are now considered to be one of those happy couples holding hands with our dog dragging us behind him. And we are, although we are not perfect we are about as happy as a couple and a pup could be. We have our health, our jobs, our home, and even though we know there will be rough patches coming our way sooner or later, I know I have him, and I hope he knows he has me- to give him the love and care he will be needing when that time comes.