Monday, August 19, 2013

So SO close!

Not fully crawling yet, but a pro at the army crawl. He now goes wherever he desires. Mostly it's to the metal thing on the floor next to the closet door. Or if I'm  doing my makeup in the hall he likes to check up on that too. 
Since he is moving so much now, we had to figure out something for the massive brick fireplace in the centre of the house. So far all I've done is thrown a blanket on the stone and just hoped he wouldn't hit the wall. Gus of course assumes its his new throne.
So far not a single accident, he bumps his head ALOT but hasn't actually bruised or cried. Sometimes I see him roll from his stomach to his back with reckless abandon and it makes me cringe when he thumps his head on the hardwood. He just squints his eyes and carries on. 
Gus and his buddy. The dog now uses his tongue as defense against the claw. I do not approve of either of these interactions but Gus does have a right to defend himself so sometimes Sam gets a lock right on the face. He makes the same squinty face and carries on.
And lastly, I had a little solo hike with the boys. Gus was patient with me as I climbed up and down jagged rocks. He was rewarded with a swim in the lagoon and salt filled sticks, his favorite seaside snack.
Until next week! (Probably)

No comments: